Australian Embassy

Services for Australians

Services for Australians Overseas


What we can and cannot do

The Consular Services Charter outlines the consular services and assistance that can be provided by the Australian Government to Australians overseas. In some circumstances, our assistance may be limited. Please visit Assisting Australians overseas for further information.

Travel information for Australians

Get the latest travel advisories and other traveller hints from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Information for Australians Living in Myanmar

Other services for Australians living overseas

Former residents

A gateway to information about Australian benefits, payments and services 

Services Australia

If you require information relating to social welfare payments , please visit: While you’re overseas and outside Australia - Services Australia

Returning to Australia

Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.