About the Australian Embassy in Myanmar
Head of Mission
Vantage Tower, 623 Pyay Road, Yangon, Myanmar
Telephone: +95 1 230 7410
Facsimile: +95 1 230 7425
Emergency: +61 2 6261 3305
Email: [email protected]
Given the current COVID pandemic, the Australian Embassy needs to carefully manage its opening hours. The Embassy will continue to operate but has reduced hours for public access.
The Embassy requests all visitors make an appointment by emailing [email protected].
Consular, Passports, Notarials and visas for Papua New Guinea:
The Embassy is continuing to process passport applications, provide notarial services and issue visas for Papua New Guinea by prior appointment only. Services are available weekly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
For consular assistance to Australian Citizens, please contact the Embassy on +95 1 230 7410 or in the case of an emergency outside of business hours please contact our 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre in Australia on +61 2 6261 3305 for emergency consular assistance.
The Visa Office does not operate a counter at the Embassy. For information on how to apply for a visa or contacting the visa office, please click here.
The Embassy will be closed on the following days in 2022:
- Monday 3 January - New Year’s Day (In Lieu)
- Wednesday 26 January - Australia Day
- Wednesday 16 March - Full Moon Day of Tabaung
- Wednesday 13 April - Maha Thingyan (Water Festival)
- Thursday 14 April - Maha Thingyan (Water Festival)
- Friday 15 April - Maha Thingyan (Water Festival)
- Tuesday 19 July - Martyrs' Day
- Monday 10 October - Thadingyut Holiday
- Monday 7 November - Full Moon Day of Tazaungmone
- Thursday 17 November - National Day
- Tuesday 27 December - Christmas Day (In Lieu)
- Wednesday 28 December - Additional DFAT Public Holiday
- Thursday 29 December - Additional DFAT Public Holiday
- Friday 30 December - Additional DFAT Public Holiday