About the Australian Embassy in Myanmar
Head of Mission
88 Strand Road
Telephone: +95 1 251810, 251809, 246462, 246463
Facsimile: +95 1 246159
Emergency: +61 2 6261 3305
The Embassy will be open from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday except for public holidays.
The Passports Counter is open for applications from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday except for public holidays.
The Visa Office does not operate a counter at the Embassy. For information on how to apply for a visa or contacting the visa office, please click here.
The Embassy will be closed on the following days in 2017:
- 2 January (Monday) - New Year's Day (in lieu)
- 13 April (Thursday) - Thingyan Water Festival
- 14 April (Friday) - Thingyan Water Festival / Good Friday
- 17 April (Monday) - Thingyan Water Festival / Easter Monday
- 18 April (Tuesday) - Thingyan Water Festival
- 12 June (Monday) - Queen's Birthday
- 19 July (Wednesday) - Martyr's Day
- 25 September (Monday) - Family and Community Day
- 5 October (Thursday) - Full Moon Day of Thadingyut
- 3 November (Friday) - Full Moon Day of Tazaungmone
- 25 December (Monday) - Christmas Day
- 26 December (Tuesday) - Boxing Day
- 27 December (Wednesday) - Additional DFAT Holiday
- 28 December (Thursday) - Additional DFAT Holiday